Monday 30 July 2012

Kababs.Biryani.Phirni

     Hey there, it's that time of the year that u wanna fast all day long, only to treat yourself with the best of kababs, biryani & phirni. When I say best, trust me, I aint exaggerating. In the hustle bustle of the belgaum markets(the shopping paradise to some) is located this amazingly tasty street. I like to call it The DG p.s: Darbar Galli. If its not your gps that leads u to the place accurately, all u gotta do is sniff for that perfectly spiced and tandoored kababs, the aroma of the coal smoking up the best seekh kabab that you are gonna savour, the aroma of the ever so famous biryani cooked to perfection. If ur tongue didn't go slurp then trust me your pathetic at imagination.
     My personal favourite is the seekh kabab, for reasons being i can't resist the sight of the meat on the seekh being smoked with all that coal burning down, all that fat in the meat bubbling up, Off the seekh and into my mouth is all that tasty meat with the tangy green chutney(gotta treat myself to one rite away).
     Once you are done with treating your taste buds to all the spicy,tangy savouries. you wanna mellow it down with, Oh yes, The desert. Wait!! did i say mellow? nah, richness doesn't stop at this street. You wanna start with the kheer in the matka and then go levels up. Phirni: rice,milk,saffron,sugar try and beat that combi. Phirni comes in all the flavours that u can imagine and want.


     Trust me, you don't wanna miss all this in these 40 days of 'feast of food' at DG. Bon appetit. If you are turned off by all the rush that you see there( you're not an absolute food lover) dont you worry, get your hands on the meat and you'll be in a world ' Me and my kabab: jannat' :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment